Dental Implants Q & A
For many adults, having dental implants is the next best thing to having natural teeth. When you lose your teeth as a result of a traumatic injury, decay, or an illness, it can hurt your self-esteem. Strong, durable, and aesthetically attractive, dental implants help restore the simple confidence that comes with having natural teeth.
A dental implant is a titanium post that Dr. Chace surgically places into your bone, beneath your gums. The metal post becomes a permanent base for a replacement tooth. This is essentially the root of a new tooth. It’s similar in shape to an everyday screw. Once the post is in place and your mouth fully heals, a process that typically takes a few months, Dr. Chace mounts the new replacement tooth (crown) on the post . The implants integrate with your bone, which makes them incredibly steady and secure.
These metal posts also work to help dentures, crowns, and bridges stay firmly fastened to your jaw.
There are many benefits to dental implants. In addition to functioning, feeling, and looking like your natural teeth, dental implants provide the following benefits:
- Last longer than other restorative procedures
- Are a cost-effective way to replace missing teeth
- Help retain your natural face shape and smile
- Ensure the health of your jawbone
- Help maintain the integrity of surrounding natural teeth
- Allow you to speak comfortably and naturally
- Don’t fall out of your mouth
- Are strong and durable for chewing foods you love
- Aren’t vulnerable to cavities with an implanted crown
- Offer a time-tested, predictable result for tooth repair
Whether you’re missing one tooth or multiple teeth, you may be an excellent dental implant candidate. Your jaw must be finished growing, and your gums must be healthy. Dental implants are an excellent solution for adults, not children.
You could also be a great implant candidate if you’re irritated by dentures that slip, or if it’s time to replace a bridge or partial dentures. Men or women wanting a long term, often lifelong solution to ongoing dental work may be exceptional dental implant candidates. Wondering if dental implants are right for you? Meet with Dr. Chace to ask questions and learn more about your options.
Schedule your consultation online or call Gentle Dental Associates today. A confident new smile could be just around the corner for you.